Clean, Clear Pool Water
Now is the time to open your swimming pool!
While we wait for warmer temperatures, (it’s been a long time coming!), we are anxiously anticipating jumping in the pool, relaxing on the pool deck, and spending time with family and friends. In order to prevent algae growth and other issues, it’s best to open your pool early. In fact, now is the time! Here are some helpful tips to help you open your pool easily this season.
- Check your equipment. Your equipment has been sitting dormant for the winter. It’s important to check everything over to make sure everything is still in operating condition.
- Check expiration dates on chemicals. If you have leftover chemicals from last year, check for expiration dates to make sure all chemicals are still in working condition. Also check for leaks in the bottles or spillage in your chemical containment area. It might be a good idea to clean up the area too, and get it all spic and span for the upcoming season. Remember, all liquids that may have frozen over the winter should be replaced.
- Bring the pool water up to swim level, usually half way up your skimmer opening. You can use your hose in the backyard to get this level up if necessary.
- Scoop out any large debris that has fallen into the swimming pool. Leaves, twigs, etc. in the pool can clog your pool cleaner or vacuum hose, so best to skim those out before you start up the cleaner.
- Add an opening kit when you start your pool. BioGuard makes a great opening kit for pools up to 80,000 litres which combines two important opening products. The kit includes 1 KG of Power Chlor and 1 Litre of Banish Algicide. This Kit has everything you need to open your pool.
- Test your water chemistry. Bring us your water for free testing! We will use our computerized water lab to thoroughly analyze your water to ensure you have balanced water, ensuring safety of swimmers and maintain the longevity of your equipment.
- Get ready to start swimming! Gather your family and friends and enjoy your swimming pool!
If the spring stays cool ask us about solar/gas/electric heaters. Don’t let Mother Nature dictate how you intend to use your pool this summer. With a wide selection available, trust one of our trained staff members to bring the warmth back into your pool.
Looking for more backyard inspiration? Visit www.stlawrencepools.ca to see our beautiful collections of patio furniture, hot tubs and swimming pool accessories. Feeling social? Like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @stlawrencepools. Happy swimming!
Family, Fun and Fitness